I recently got engaged to the love of my life! I knew beforehand that he would be proposing so I finally buckled down and figured out how to grow out my nails! I knew once I had a ring on, everyone would end up seeing my nails. My nails were not awful, but they were just SO hard to grow out! They would chip and peel once they actually started to get long. So I decided to conquer my nails once and for all! These are the things that worked for me:
1. Start with a clean cut nail. I cut all of my nails to the same length with a nail cutter. This way my nails have a good clean edge. If your nails have been ripped or have split, the edges are ragged and are more likely to continue ripping and splitting.
2. Be sure to use a nail file. DO NOT be tempted to pull off a ragged piece of your nail! Instead always file down the part that is causing the problem. My favorite nail file is the Ruby Stone Crystal Nail File. It’s the file that my Mom, my sisters and I all use!
3. Filing your nail correctly is the secret and most important part for growing your nails! Do not zigzag file your nails! This just rips at them and can cause damage that will lead to your nails ripping and splitting later. Instead always file in one direction. Then when you’re finished filing the spot, to smooth and close the nail edge, file the nail completely perpendicular to the nail. Remember: always in one direction!
4. For me it always helps to have some sort of nail polish on even if it’s just a clear coat. It helps seal everything and keeps me from picking at my nails.
5. A little nail strengthener is amazing! OPI Nail Envy
6. Everyday I apply nail cuticle creme. I also apply it after I wash my hands, because you want to prevent your nails from getting very dry. If they get too dry they easily become brittle and will break.
7. Finally, I noticed a significant difference when I started drinking Nestle Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials. I’m not sure if it was the milk or the vitamins, but I noticed that my nails felt stronger and seemed to grow faster. This worked for me, but I am not a doctor so it might not work for everyone.
So good luck y’all! Hopefully these tips and products help you grow the long nails you’ve always wanted!
No related posts.