This jalapeno chicken Popper is a chicken breast stuffed with a mixture of jalapeno cheese, then wrapped in Bacon and baked for crisp perfection. An easy low carbohydrate meal that is a Total crowd Pleaser!
I can’t get enough of the jalapeno Popper-whether it’s Bacon-wrapped Popper, Popper dip or jalapeno popup Mac and cheese, I love it all! This jalapeno Popper chicken is full of creamy and spicy flavors which is great and looks quite impressive to cater for the company.
The Jalapeno Popper is one of my guilty pleasures – I just love that Creamy, spicy crispy combination. When you add Bacon into the mix, it’s even better! This jalapeno Popper chicken has all of them a great taste in a low carbohydrate, keto-friendly dinner that will have everyone asking for a second.
HOW DO YOU MAKE JALAPENO POPPER CHICKEN?
There are several steps to making this chicken, the first is to make a filling. Filling is a combination of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapeños, and seasonings. I used fresh diced jalapenos, but you can use pickled jalapenos if you wish. I removed the seeds and ribs before dicing the jalapenos which were hot emotions quite a bit and made this food more child friendly. If you prefer spicy chicken, leave the seeds and ribs in paprika when you cut them.
HOW DO YOU STUFF A CHICKEN BREAST?
Jalapeno cream cheese mixture goes into the chicken breast. The easiest way to thing chicken breasts is to cut the inner pocket into one side of the breast. Make sure not to cut all the way through to the other side. Spoon filling into a pocket making sure you fill it completely. Then you can wrap your chicken in Bacon and put it in the oven.Related Post Lasagna Stuffed Chicken
Bacon helps to hold that filling inside a chicken like a bakes, although some filling will run away during normal cooking processes. I use two slices of bacon to wrap each chicken breast, and you want to make sure that Bacon is wrapped fairly tightly so that everything will continue together in the oven. If you’re worried, you can add some toothpicks to secure the meat into the chicken breast, but I think it works well without having to use it.
Chicken Popper jalapeno needs to bake until the chicken is cooked through and crispy meat. If your chicken is done but the meat is not Crisped to your liking, you can activate Broiler for a few minutes to cook bacon.
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH JALAPENO POPPER CHICKEN?
I usually serve my chicken Popper jalapeno over mashed potatoes and greens like broccoli or asparagus. If you eat low carbs, you can serve the chicken with cauliflower puree. The chicken is even big sliced and served on a salad or in a sandwich.
Chicken Popper Jalapeno is a must-make recipe; The smoky meat and cheesy filling just can’t be beaten! If you love the jalapeno Popper as I do, you’ll definitely want to put this chicken on your dinner menu right away.
MORE GREAT CHICKEN DINNERS
- Stir-Fry Chicken and Vegetables
- EASY CHICKEN SOUR CREAM ENCHILADAS
- BEST GREEN CHILE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
jalapeno popper chicken
- Author: Sara Welch
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
This jalapeno chicken Popper is a chicken breast stuffed with a mixture of jalapeno cheese, then wrapped in Bacon and baked for crisp perfection. An easy low carbohydrate meal that is a Total crowd Pleaser!Related Post Crockpot Beef Tips With Mushrooms
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno peppers remove pepper seeds and ribs before dicing
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon do not use thick-cut bacon
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat the sheet pan with a cooking spray.
- Place cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapeños, and garlic powder in a bowl; Stir to combine.
- Cut the pockets in each chicken breast, taking care not to cut all the way through to the other side.
- Fill pocket each chicken breast with cream cheese mixture.
- Season the outside of the chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap each breast in a tight chicken with two slices of Bacon and place chicken on a sheet pan.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and crispy Bacon. You can bake the chicken for 3-4 minutes for crispy meat if needed.
- Let the chicken break for 5 minutes. Then slice and serve.
- Category: Dinner Recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 485kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 630mg
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 35g
- Cholesterol: 152mg
Keywords: jalapeno popper chicken