Today’s recipe is something I like to pre prep and have ready for a nice Sunday after noon lunch! ( We attend church on Sunday Mornings so I always need something quick) This recipe for Pepper steak has easily became one of our favorites.. of course anything you can serve with rice in my family is considered a winner!
Just in case you have never had Peppered Steak before.. it comes from a Fujian origin (So like an Asian style dish). This recipe is made with steak, bell peppers, and a Soy based glaze that you serve over a bed of Rice.
As far as the rice goes; I make it according to the directions. I personally take the rice one step further and make ahead a couple hours or even a day before and allow to refrigerate. Once you are ready to cook, just pull out and heat in a large skillet with a couple Tablespoons of oil. ( I feel this gives your rice more of a define texture rather than mushy).
Preparing The Best pepper Steak…
- I start with slicing my steak into small thin slices.
- Slice The Bell peppers and Onion unto bite size strips.
- Make the glaze for the Meat only; pour over steak and set aside in refrigerator.
- In the same bowl mix up the remaining glaze for your Sauce and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and cook the vegetables until tender and starting to brown oven medium heat.Remove from Skillet and set aside on a separate plate.
- Using the same skillet; Heat more oil; then add steak and cook 5- 7 minutes until cooked through and starting to brown.
- Toss vegetables back into the skillet
- Pour Glaze over meat and toss until thick, this will not take long.
- Serve over a bed of White Rice or brown rice if you prefer!
My Amazon Picks For This Recipe…
This is a easy recipe to cook up for the Family. Once you have everything prepped, the cooking is a breeze!I often prep ahead of time and have ready to cook in a snap!
Print Recipe4 from 1 vote
The Best Peppered Steak
A Tasty Asian Dish made with Steak and Peppers and a soy based glaze; served over a bed of white Rice.Prep Time20 minsCook Time10 minsTotal Time30 minsCourse: Main DishCuisine: Asian, Peppered SteakKeyword: Asian, Peppered Steak, Steak Servings: 4 People
- 1 Small Onion Sliced
- 1 Bell Pepper Sliced
- 2 T. Vegetable oil For Cooking
- 1 lb. Round steak, Sirloin or Venison Steaks Sliced very thin
- 2 T. Soy Sauce
- 1 T. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Corn Starch
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger
- dash Salt and Pepper
- 3 T. Soy Sauce
- 3 tsp. Corn Strach
- 1 1/2 T. Sugar
- Pre cut your steak and your vegetables; set aside in separate dishes.
- Mix your soy, corn starch, sugar and spices; pour over steak and place in refrigerator until ready for use.
- Mix all Ingredients for your glaze together and set aside.
- Using a Large skillet; heat 1 T. of oil over medium high heat. Toss in your vegetables and cook for 3-5 minutes. ( until starting to brown) Remove and set aside.
- Heat your other Tablespoon of oil in the same skillet over medium high heat. Add your meat and cook thru for about 5-7 minutes until starting to brown.
- Add Vegetables back in as well as your glaze and cook for 1-2 minutes just until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Serve over a bed of white Rice.