Happy #ThirstyThursday!! OMG. What a week. Even though today is Thursday, it is feeling like my end of the week. I am taking off with Pia early tomorrow morning to fly to Baltimore so she can compete in North America Cup. Kind of a big deal for her, and the first serious competitive travel we have done (typically it looks like regional travel) so she is feeling quite important If you don’t follow me on instagram, where I frequently document Pia’s GIRL POWER, she is a fencer. She will be competing in Y10 and Y12 women’s saber this weekend.
Thank you to everyone who shared must-eat places in Baltimore with me on Instagram and Facebook- I think that with a hungry little athlete, we will be doing a lot of eating Is there anything else that we should see in our free time? (I think we actually have a few hours here and there.) All recommendations are welcome!
OK- back to Thirsty Thursday and these Vodka Strawberry Lemonade Cocktails. They are so, so perfect for sipping during my nightly news hour (which is like 3 hours long) as my blood pressure gets high and I need something to calm me down. They are sweet and sour and so delicious that I drank a whole one in about 1 minute flat. That sounds naughty, but it was just enough to make me relaxed.. But I am telling you- they are so good, they could easily be very dangerous (as in you could drink a lot of them before you realized what happened.)
A note! The mix is pretty concentrated, so if you like your drink less sweet and tart, just add a little more water (or vodka) just taste test for your best blend!
These were inspired by the fact that we are strangely having some incredibly pretty and sunny Spring weather in Seattle. But I also thought that these will be perfect with Easter around the corner, or any fun spring gatherings- hope you enjoy!
Recipe: Vodka Strawberry Lemonade Cocktails
- Strawberry Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar (we used beet sugar)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vodka
- mint and lemon slices for garnish
- ice cubes
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and strawberries and bring to a simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
- Throw into the jar of a blender and puree until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher.
- Add the lemon juice, water and the vodka to the strawberry simple syrup.
- Fill the glasses completely with ice cubes and add some mint and lemon slices. Pour the cocktails over the ice and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4